Community Based Supports for Adolescents 16-21
with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities
Who we are- Empowering Futures
The transition from adolescence into adulthood can be complex and overwhelming for any young adult whether or not they have a disability. At Phoenix Support Services, we provide Individual Support Services for young adults with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. Our experienced team of Supervisors and Direct Care Staff are ready to work alongside you on the journey toward independence.
Who is this for?
- Are you a young adult with intellectual or developmental disabilities who would love to be as independent as possible?
- Do you dream of one day living on your own?
- Do you rely on others to do basic things that you would like to do on your own?
- Would you like to take the steps you need to prepare yourself for the future?
- Do you want some support to help you get there?
Some examples of what we can help with:
- Learn how to do housework
- Learn how to take your medications as prescribed
- Learn how to manage your money
- Learn how to shop for groceries, clothing, or other essentials
- Learn how to use the phone or computer to communicate
- Learn how to use technology
- Learn how to use transportation in the community
- Traveling and participating in community centered activities
We can also help with other basic self-care tasks
- Bathing and showering
- Personal hygiene and grooming (i.e. washing hair, brushing teeth)
- Toilet hygiene
Who is eligible for these services?
This program was created and funded for children and young adults who have intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and be between the ages of 16 and 21. This program is funded through the NJ Department of Children and Families and the young adult must be eligible for DDD/DCF/CSOC Services. You can check with your case manager or with PerformCare (877-652-7624) to determine your eligibility for the Individual Support Services (ISS) Program. If you would like, you may also request Phoenix Behavioral Health’s Support Services as your provider.
We believe in the potential in each person and are passionate in our mission of empowering others. Personal choice, independence, community integration and quality of life are all core values that inform the care we provide on all levels. These values are the bedrock of the Positive Behavioral Support (PBS), an approach we use to guide the development and implementation of our support services. We are fully committed to doing our best in providing our clients with quality service and are always available to address any issues and to ensure that you get the care you need. Please do not hesitate to contact us on our main number if you have any questions or concerns.